Tuesday, October 26, 2010

when life gives you lemons, make lemonade :)


Junior year of high school I started to get really sick.  I was out of school for about a month and had to get tutors and be homeschooled.  The doctors did not know what was wrong.  I was getting migraines for 15 days straight.  I was tested for all types of things- Mono, Lyme Disease, and even MS.  The doctors finally decided that I was suffering from severe migraine headaches.  I have been placed on daily medications to try and control the migraines.  In addition to getting the throbbing pain in the head, I get what they call an aura.  I lose my speech, half my body goes numb, and often times can’t move out of bed. 

It wasn’t until I started getting sick that I realized how much of an influence a simple illness has on your life.  I lost a lot of friends because they didn’t understand how a “headache” could really cause me so much pain.  A lot of times my teachers wouldn’t understand when I would explain to them why I had to miss class.

I started to look at life differently.  I think it is important to always push through your hard times.  I feel that I have learned so much about myself.  Life could be so much worse.  Be grateful for what you have.  Most importantly, don’t put others down.  Instead of watching them suffer and doubting them, help them get through it.  I can promise you that in the end, you will feel really good about yourself.  Live the life you love, love the life you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment